Blackburn Lodge would like to announce the following senior staff changes:
- Katrina Doy-yat from our nursing department has taken over as Activity Coordinator
- Astha Nagalia, RPN has been hired to replace Sanjee Mendis and Chinnu Babuji, who will depart in April and July respectively for maternity/parental leave. Astha is currently becoming oriented to both functions – Medication Supervisor and Director of Care
- We expect 3 rooms to be available later in the spring when three current residents transfer to long term care (nursing home). These rooms will be priced at $1849, $1829 and $1629 for accommodation plus our standard service package defined below.
- Unfortunately, at the moment, all of our rooms are rented.
- Please review our waiting list policy below.
Join Our Guaranteed Waiting List
For a small deposit ($200-$400 deductible from your first month’s fees) you can join our guaranteed waiting list. Every time a room becomes available, we call those on the guaranteed waiting list in order. You can specify to call only for particular room types. If you decline the room offered, you still maintain your position on the list. Your deposit is refundable if we cannot offer you a room when your need becomes urgent or if you advance to a higher level of care. See “Accommodations Tab” for room choices. See “Detailed Information” Tab for prices. Currently 2 people are on the list – one for an apartment, one for a small single.
Standard Service Package
All prices are based on the standard package of services which includes rent (with parking and cablevision service), 3 meals and snacks, daily and weekly housekeeping, personal laundry service, activities and the basic nursing care plan. The basic nursing care plan includes 24-hr. emergency response, temporary illness care, medication ordering, and consultation with our Director of Care and visiting physician.
Call now to 613-837-7467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
We have updated our Detailed Info page to include our most recent Fee Schedule and Care Home Information Package. If you are interested in renting with us but have budgetary concerns, please get in touch with us.
Licensing of Ontario retirement homes began in 2012 and Blackburn Lodge was one of the first facilities in the Province to meet the criteria and receive this important document.